19 September 2010

Apartment Living: Clean Up Before the Move

Before (right) and After (left)
My husband, my brother and I are moving to a new apartment and we are at the clean up stage before the actual move. We got a rather big townhouse for a reasonable price. However, the house is badly maintained in terms of cleanliness which is a shame. If I had a house, I would maintain it even if I am renting it out. 


We spent half of the day cleaning the bathroom and the Master's bedroom. I poured a small bottle of muriatic acid over the marble tiles of the bathroom, yet it still has those icky black stains. I think it still calls for another bottle. Will take a picture of that before our cleaning treatment and the after product. I like a good cleaning challenge. 

I got down on my knees to scrub the vinyl tile of the Master's bedroom with detergent and it is still not as white to my liking. I am considering spraying the floor with diluted bleach or using a rubbing compound on it although the latter is a little expensive. 

In the next few days, I have another bathroom and the kitchen to clean. I need more muriatic acid, bleach, detergent and elbow grease.

Do you have a recommended cleaning product for cleaning in your house? 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about good old vinegar sis? Isn't it one of the most versatile and easily available cleaning agents? :)

Diane said...

I hope so,sis. Will try vinegar. I'm also considering baking soda. They say it's a bleaching agent also.

Anonymous said...

ang trusted cleaning materials ko are the following: Domex, Ariel and baking soda :) oh, Lysol is also classic request. :) hope you get some help. I tried cleaning a home for money before... my goodness! sobrang sakit ng katawan ko. Una kong binili: Mefenamic acid :) I cleaned small apartments before... nung tina-try ko if okay business yung parang they'll call and we'll go to their house to clean for one day. sobrang hirap pala ang maging katulong talaga. I now have new respect to our maids.

Rain said...

Sad to hear. This shouldn't happen if only the house is well-maintained.

rent in Makati

Unknown said...

Scrubbing your toilet like that won't really get things done pretty quick. Use a warm water, pour liquid detergent and soak your floor with that solution. Wait for 15 minutes and scrub away.
makati office space for rent

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...